Friday, June 15, 2012

Filling up the Pantry

I have been bulk shopping for many years since it is about the only way to do it when you are feeding a big family!  What a blessing to have so much space in this NEW home!
Once a month shopping saves time in the long run but it sure does take a chunk out of the day! I tallied that my most recent bulk shopping trip took me a total of 6 1/2 hours and made a HUGE pile on the table to put away. It takes about 4 large shopping buggies overloaded and an EXPLORER full to overflowing to fill up the cupboards and freezer.
 
(This is only part of the piles!)
This time around I didn't want to put any food away until all the cupboards were organized.  NOT HAVING CUPBOARD doors (about the very last project to complete on the inside) helps keep me motivated to keep them tidy! So I pulled everything left in the cupboards out and put it all back neat and tidy!
I have found a great trick to keeping the cupboards neat is all similar type containers. Also I open up boxes and bags like pasta and flours and sugars and put them all in bulk-size labeled containers.
I offer copies of my pantry labels at Marmee's Bread Market and other pantry storage solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment